2 weeks ago
Boiled Pork Belly With Spicy Garlic Dressing
Pork belly is beloved by the Chinese. This is the dish that truly serves up the natural fresh taste of pork — except in Sichuan they just can’t help but add a garlic and chile sauce to kick up the taste and heat!
Category : Non-Vegetarian
- PREP TIME 15 Minutes
- COOK TIME 45 Minutes
- SERVINGS 4
- 1tpoundtpork belly
- 1/2tcuptShaoxing cooking wine
- 1 (2-inch-long)tpiece of fresh ginger
- 1/3tcuptSichuan Spice Chile Oil
- 2ttablespoonstsoy sauce
- 1ttablespoonttoasted sesame oil
- 3ttablespoonstminced garlic
- 1thothouse cucumber, cut lengthwise into long, thin slice
- Put the pork belly in a pot and add 2 quarts water, the wine and the ginger. Bring the liquid to a boil, then turn the heat down to medium and gently boil the pork belly for 40 minutes, until tender.
- Combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl and mix well.
- Drain the pork belly and let it cool. When it has cooled somewhat but is still warm to the touch, cut it lengthwise into long 1/16-inch-thick strips. Arrange alternating and overlapping slices of pork and cucumber on a serving plate. Pour the sauce all over the pork and cucumber, and serve while still warm or at room temperature.